Importing your contact list will allow you to enroll contacts in Engage email campaigns, Enrich contacts by adding missing address information, and publish cash offers to contacts directly upon request.
Go to the Contacts tab and click Import on the top right.
Download your contact database into a CSV file. For reference on formatting, please see our Sample CSV. Please keep in mind:
- An email address is required for contacts to be uploaded to Connect.
- Clean up the file to eliminate contacts without an email address, or any fake names that may be inappropriate.
- If you want contacts to be imported as assigned to their specific agents, add "agent email address" as a column in the CSV file. Once the upload is complete, contacts will automatically be assigned to the agent whose email they were associated with on the CSV.
- If you do not want contacts assigned to specific agents, they will be uploaded as unassigned. No "agent email address" column is needed.
Drag and drop your CSV file, or choose Click to Browse to upload your file from your computer.
Map the fields in your uploaded file (left CSV column) to the Target Field Name.
* CSV Row 1 and CSV Row 2 show data from the first two rows of your imported CSV file.
Choose the matching label for each CSV column from the dropdown list. If there are any unmatched or unnecessary fields, choose Ignore this Column.
Once all fields are mapped under Target Field Name, click Begin Upload.
A progress bar will appear to display the status of the import. When your import is complete, you will be able to see total records uploaded, and how many of those were valid records and failed records. You will also be able to see reasons for any errors under Status.
You can also download the error report CSV file to view failed records and the reason that the contact was unable to be uploaded. Please keep in mind that contacts labeled Invalid Address are still uploaded if there is a name and email associated, but the address will be excluded.
Click Done to exit the results page.
If the failed records are able to be corrected, you can fix the reason for the error and re-upload the corrected CSV error report file starting at Step 1.
Next: Start adding contacts!